Powiatowe Archiwum Państwowe w Krakowie 1959–1975
The Polish State District Archives functioned in the years 1950–1975, with their tasks including primarily the accession and appraisal of new records. The State District Archives of Kraków existed between 1959 and 1975 as an independent institution, albeit under the supervision of the State Archives of the City and Voivodeship of Kraków. The directors of this institution were, consecutively: Stanisława Kloc, Bogdan Krauze and Aleksander Litewka. One of its most important tasks was to control the repositories of records in several dozens of institutions in Kraków and the surrounding municipal region. By 1970, the State District Archives of Kraków had collected twenty-fi ve archival fonds. Five years later, the institution was liquidated alongside districts themselves, as a result of administrative reforms in Poland, with its fonds being transferred to the State Archives of the City and Voivodeship of Kraków.